Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Quick Update

Craft Club (from left): Sue M., Jennifer, Me, Diane, and Lana (taken in January- hence the sweaters!)

This is my "Craft Club".  It all started about two years ago.  I made a really neat bag for my oldest daughter's birthday (the same pattern as the bag my husband is holding in one of my previous posts).  They liked it and so we all started meeting every few weeks so that they could make their own version.  The bags all turned out really cute!  We have been getting together about every three weeks or so ever since.  We take turns meeting at one another's house and we all just work on whatever craft we feel like that day.  We talk about books, school/community events, and of course, there is always a little gossip. 

Speaking of books, my favorites I have read or listened to from the past year are: 
"The Help" by Kathryn Stockett
"Still Alice" by Lisa Genova
"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen
"Little Bee" by Chris Cleave


Easter Sunday
Egg Hunt (from left):  Erik, Kyle, Ellen, Rosie, and Aaron

We had a lovely Easter Sunday at our house this year.  My brother, his boys and my parents drove up from the Twin Cities and spent the day with us.  My sister-in-law had to work unfortunately (she's a nurse).  The weather was glorious!  We have had a really amazing spring in Minnesota.  Not at all like what we're used to.  We had some great food and some really fun desserts.  Check out the Easter cake my dad made (you should taste his oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!) and the fun Easter egg cookies Rosie and I made (below). 

No comments:

Post a Comment